Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Why not a 20-blade razor??

Some time last year, somebody suggested that there was an ongoing "arms race" in shaving technology. I'm talking about disposable razor blade systems. "If a few is good, more is better"... This seemed ridiculous to me... what little did I know...

It all started when somebody pointed me to this satirical post on TheOnion.com... [Warning: there's "strong" language on the Onion's article; if you're likely to be offended, don't click on it]. Ok: here's the link. I say "satirical" because I assumed that it was meant to make fun at the idea that 3 blades on your razor was plenty... (I'm still using 2-blade technology) or maybe even ridiculous... who would possibly add even more blades?

But, now it's happened. Gillette is introducing their new Fusion 5-blade razor product. There's news that indicates we'll see ads for it during the SuperBowl this weekend. Wow: 5 blades. There's a fancy Flash presentation on the Gillette website detailing the features of this product. Who knows... maybe I'll have to try it... maybe it's really great.

It just sounds silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home