Friday, September 16, 2005

Migrating iTunes and iPhoto repositories on a network

I just bought a 2GB SanDisk CompactFlash card for my EOS20D. Great: now I can take upwards of 400 pictures (in superfine jpg mode), or 195 pictures (in RAW mode)... but: I now realize that I don't have enough space on my PowerBook laptop to hold even one more 2GB download.

The good news is that I have a new MacMini on the home network... with roughly 63GB free on it.

So: what's the "right" way to transfer these photos to the MacMini...? I will likely want to view the photos from the PowerBook... even while I travel... so: I'll want a subset repository (perhaps photos with ratings of 3 or more "stars")... What's the right way to do this?

I have a similar problem with my iTunes music...

So far, (I haven't researched this much yet: decided to blog before discovering the result), I have found:
I suppose I should start by perusing the online help... and then Apple's support website...

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 12:34 AM, Blogger IvyMike said...

I don't have an answer to your real question, but I can tell you that " (I haven't researched this much yet: decided to blog before discovering the result)," is also known as "asking the lazyweb".

 
At 9/22/2005 1:06 AM, Blogger craig said...

So you're saying I should keep it as a draft and only publish things that I know... I suppose that's reasonable. (I have lots of drafts that follow those rules... I should spend some time finishing them).

 
At 9/27/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger IvyMike said...

Actually, I'm not suggesting anything; the act of randomly asking for help in a blog is so common that there's a word for it, and it's really called the lazyweb. I've used the lazyweb myself once or twice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home